Welcome to Year 6
In year 6 we are thoughtful, ambitious and enthusiastic about our learning.
Each day we study guided reading, English, maths and SPaG, and our IPC topic this term is called 'What a Wonderful World'. We are learning about the Earth's structure, tectonic plates and what happens at different types of plate boundaries. Our science topic this term is 'Rocks and Soils'; we are learning about the rock cycle and linking this to our topic work.
There are lots of adults supporting the children in year 6. They are:
Miss Lyons (class teacher)
Miss Couldwell (student teacher)
Mr Gleave (teaching assistant)
Miss Stoppard (class teacher)
Mrs Honour (teaching assistant)
- 6KS will be doing PE on Thursday and Friday
- 6LL will be doing PE on Monday and Wednesday
- PE kits must be brought in for EVERY lesson (these should be trainers, plain jogging bottoms/shorts and plain t-shirts)
- Homework will be handed out every Friday and collected in on Wednesday
- Reading records need to be handed in every day
Keep an eye on the newsletters for important information regarding secondary transfer and school journey.
Parent Overviews for each Half Term
- Year 6 Parent overview Autumn 1 (0.24 MB)